We’re excited to be a part of Kate SeRine’s GRIMM CONSEQUENCES release blog tour! And Kate, being the seriously nice person she is, agreed to give us more little known facts behind the creation and characters of her Transplanted Tales. Learning about the motivation of both the author and characters adds such a great depth and satisfied the craving Kate’s created for more of her intriguing Transplanted Tales World. Don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter giveaway–link at the end!
The Transplanted Tales: Behind the Scenes
I’ve shared a little behind-the-scenes info about my Transplanted Tales series here and there over the last couple of years, but because Melissa and Jennifer asked so nicely, I decided to divulge a little more.
1) I’ve mentioned a few times that I hadn’t originally intended Tess “Red” Little to end up with Nate Grimm. What I haven’t said is that I’d planned for him and Trish to end up together. But they’re both better off where they are. ;)
2) Aside from having a few key scenes in my head when I start, I don’t plan out my stories—not ever. I like to write as if I’m watching the plot unfold as a reader would.
3) Nate Grimm was inspired by Humphrey Bogart’s characters in Casablanca and The Maltese Falcon, and by my husband, who is a consulting investigator with local law enforcement.
4) The flirty banter between Nate and Tess is drawn from my relationship with my husband. A couple of our exchanges actually appear in the novel. ;)
5) The Refuge, a haven for wayward Tales looking for a new start, is very loosely based on the small town where I lived as a child (except there were no Tales there…that I’m aware of).
6) Many of Old Mama Hubbard’s little sayings in The Better to See You are things my late grandmother used to say. This was my way of preserving her words forever.
7) Bob “Old King” Cole, proprietor of the Tale pub Ever Afters, is based on my friend and mentor, Marshall “Greg” Gregory. Sadly, my dear friend was very ill when RED released and passed away not long after. He never had the chance to read the book.
8) RED was the sixth full-length novel I’d completed at the time it was written, but was the first I’d attempted to publish.
9) Trish Muffet’s ringlets are based on those of my youngest sister. My adorable baby sis has the cutest hair EVER. But, of course, she hates it.
10) In Grimm Consequences, the villain Demetrius was inspired by actor Andrew Scott. You Sherlock fans would know him as Sherlock’s nemesis, Moriarty. He can pull off seriously freaking crazy like nobody’s business.
GRIMM CONSEQUENCES release day April 17!
You reap what you sow…
Saying Nate Grimm has a dark past is an understatement. Fortunately, no one’s bothered to look too closely at the Fairytale Management Authority’s lead detective and part-time Reaper. And that’s the way Nate wants to keep it. For after centuries of torment and loneliness, he’s finally found happiness with the hot and hard-charging love of his life, Tess “Red” Little.
Of course, his love for Tess is the reason there’s a posse of Reaper judges after him, led by a sadistic bastard acquainted with Nate from once upon a time. Now, Tess will pay the price for Nate’s transgressions unless Nate severs his ties to the transplanted Tales–and Tess–forever. His enemy has the advantage in speed, malice and brutality. But the Reapers have underestimated the depth of Nate’s love and devotion. And the fury of his wrath. . .